Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter craziness

With 11 people for dinner, pictures were the last of my thoughts. We had a simple, yet tasty meal with ham. I pushed whole cloves into the outside of the ham and warmed it up, adding the glaze during the last few minutes. Warding off the normal scalloped potatoes (due to calories) I made red potatoes with chives. Fresh greenbeans from Costco were first blanched, then tossed with olive oil, bacon, carmalized onions, lemon zest and citrus pepper. I made a salad with mixed greens, mandarin oranges, low fat feta cheese, drizzled with balsamic vinegar dressing (non fat). I served Costo rolls, warmed in the oven. For dessert we had the fruit pie from Costco and also a low calorie hit of Pineapple cake.

Take 1 c. flour
1 c. sugar
1 egg
1 can of pineapple with the juice
1 t. baking soda

top with chopped nuts and a tad brown sugar. Bake at 350. This is a tasty and moist recipe converted to a low calorie delight.

No comments:

Post a Comment